Statistics and Usability
I like to think of myself as a multidisciplinary creative geek on the crossroads of data analysis, data visualization and UX design.
Hi there! I’m Evelyn Münster. I’m a data visualization addict. I like to think of myself as a multidisciplinary thinker on the crossroads of data analysis, data visualization and UX design. I am the happiest person when brainstorming for the best chart types, sketching wireframes and letting the real data flow into my prototype to see how it is looking. I get thrilled on this!
I love databases, statistics, coding, and the art of turning abstract data into meaningful, intuitive and beautiful visuals or tools
Data visualization is a rather special proficiency, demanding both creative and analytical skills: an eye for design and a deep understanding of the potentials, flaws and pitfalls of data. I gained this knowlegde during my artistic studies, during more than 12 years of coding experience and by developing interactive data visualization tools for science and business since 2008.
I am based in Hersbruck near Nuremberg, Germany.
What I’ve Been Up To
- Independent Data Visualization Consultant since 2014
- Reporting Product Manager and CEO at Falk Analytics (see Reporting Suite Portfolio)
- Visualization researcher at the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute Media.Art.Research in Linz, Austria. (see Theme Landscape Portfolio)
- IEEE Publication at Information Visualisation (IV), 2010 14th International Conference. A Theme Landscape for Tagged Data (Get in touch if you want a copy)
- Web applications developer for clients including AOL and Musicload
- Diploma in Media Arts from the Academy of Visual Arts Leipzig, Germany
- Media Art research and visualization for the Ars Electronica